How to: Hard Reset the Nokia Lumia 710
Need to hard reset your Nokia Lumia 710? There are lots of reasons why you might need to, whether it be restoring it to factory settings or doing a little housekeeping after a firmware update.
Here’s two very quick ways to get it done:
Method 1: Software
This is good for when you can access the device’s operating system and is definitely a quick and easy way to do the reset when required.
- From the main menu either swipe right-to-left on the touchscreen or press the right arrow button on the top right of the interface.
- Scroll through the icons until you get to the ‘Settings’ menu. Then, tap the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Scroll down to the ‘About’ menu which should be second from the bottom. Tap it.
- Press the ‘Reset Your Phone’ button.
Method 2: Button Hard Reset
Sometimes, you’ll need to reset the device but you won’t be able to access the operating system. Here’s how to use the device’s buttons to reset the device:
- Switch the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down, Power and Camera buttons at the same time.
- When the phone vibrates, release the Power button but hold down the Camera and Volume Down buttons for a further five seconds.
The device will now be reset to factory settings and you’ll be presented with the “Welcome to Windows Phone” screen.
Also try: Battery Pull
On certain Nokia Windows Phone devices (i.e. the Lumia 800 and Lumia 900), you won’t be able to physically remove the battery to do a battery pull. With the Lumia 710, the battery is user accessible and often, a battery pull can fix most issues. Whip off the back cover and pull out the battery and you’re done. If that doesn’t work, try one of the two reset methods above.
Let us know how you get on…
Let us know if that worked for you.